Skip to main content

Take Me Away From Crochet

Wenesday, July 18, 2012 You know what they say, "A day without crochet is like a day spent in Hell!" I had a few days last week without crochet but it wasn't "Hell," it was exhaustion. My husband and I were babysitting our grandchildren at their house and they are two busy little bees! From Monday night until Saturday, I just got one bracelet done.
However, here's what filled my time and gave me great joy in spite of the lack of crochet! No complaints!
Chloe, almost three and Jack,almost one!
This week the folks at Interweave released a new free booklet on bead crochet. A design that I had published in Beadwork magazine quite some years ago is included. I am honored to be featured with 3 other well-known bead-crochet designers in this booklet. Get your for free here: http://www.beadingdaily.com/bead-crochet Another sweet "blast from the past" happened this week. A student that I had years and years ago in class searched for me on the internet because she had lost her pattern from the class and now wants to re-create the little fuchsia flower scissor fob the she learned from me.She explained to me that she is a volunteer in a nursing home and had told one of her residents about the flower. The old lady was so intrigued, my student was inspired to make her one. I found the pattern and sent it off to her.She was so delighted and excited to get to work. I'm waiting to hear how it turns out.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Your grandbabbies are adorable! I'm surprised they weren't covered with crochet from head to toe.

Thanks for the information on the crochet beading e-book. I've got it downloaded onto my iPad for safekeeping.

Janice

Popular posts from this blog

Part 1 ~ Irregular Expressions: a Mother/Daughter Team

Incredibly amazed when I discovered Irrregular Expressions and the work of Turkish artist, Sebahat, I wanted to know more. Following is the interview I conducted online with her and her daughter, Aysegul.
Crochetkween: Is Bolu, where you live, near any larger Turkish city that we would recognize?
Aysegul: Bolu is a small city midway between Istanbul and Ankara, we are surrounded with snowy mountains, dense forests and small lakes. 

Book Review: HAPPY-GURUMI by Vanessa Chan

“Cute” is the only word to describe the twenty patterns found within this book by animator, Vanessa Chan. As she points out, “There are endless possibilities to create whatever you want with just a few stitches.” You’ll learn how with these patterns ranging from easy to complex.

Book Review: Honk! Beep! Vroom! by Cathy Smith

This new book published by Martingale has not only projects for children but also for adults. Crocheters everywhere will enjoy making these interesting vehicles as gifts. Eight projects complete with moving parts are featured including a police car, taxi, ambulance, convertible care, dump truck, VW Beetle, bus, and firetruck.