Skip to main content

Type-A Crochet

For type-A personalities who like to stay organized, keep on track and get things done, isn't crochet a strange bedfellow? Now, now, don't panic; I'm not going to give up crocheting. I have just been mindful this week that here it is Wed. and my vow to post on Mondays went by the wayside. I have been skittering around in a mad rush all week, post Thanksgiving, crocheting in the car; crocheting between wrapping presents that have to be amiled, thinking about packing for Mexico, teaching crochet; crocheting to finish gifts.

I JUST NEVER GET DONE AND NEVER SEEM TO STOP BEING IN A RUSH! Isn't crochet supposed to be relaxing? I am still having fun, though, and loving my crochet still. The ideas keep coming to my head; and anyone who crochets knows that it is SO much fun to start a project! It must be the weekly hanging out in the yarn shop that is so stimulating. I know for a fact that it's where I get a lot of ideas.

Ideas come from everywhere, actually. That's a problem. Too many ideas; too little time. Not complaining. I just keep putting one hook in front of the other and I rejoice each time a project is finished. I get a thrill when I can add a photo to my online photobook on Ravelry.com.What is it about us type-As and the crochet? How do we tolerate the slow pace of our beloved craft? It must be the rhythmic movements that lull us into a sense of relaxation, yet all the while allows our type-A minds to keep revolving around ideas, solutions, and what to do next!

I mentioned the rocks last week....they are done and they have names. They are photographed; wrapped and in the box ready to go.
Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree, front:

Back:










I Love Rocky Road, Front:










Back:

Well, the time has come; the clock is ticking. I have miles to go before I meet former work friends for dinner. I'll run to the mall for a gift card from a specialty store for a family we are supporting for Christmas at the gym. I will run down the road from there to get a specialty beer that tastes like tequila (???) for my son-in-law! I've been holding on to an article about this beer for months; didn't lose it! What did he do to deserve me? All very efficient and this Type-A Crocheter is proud of all she is getting done. Tick, tick ticking...and if I have time to spare, my crochet will be in the car with me!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Part 1 ~ Irregular Expressions: a Mother/Daughter Team

Incredibly amazed when I discovered Irrregular Expressions and the work of Turkish artist, Sebahat, I wanted to know more. Following is the interview I conducted online with her and her daughter, Aysegul.
Crochetkween: Is Bolu, where you live, near any larger Turkish city that we would recognize?
Aysegul: Bolu is a small city midway between Istanbul and Ankara, we are surrounded with snowy mountains, dense forests and small lakes. 

Book Review: HAPPY-GURUMI by Vanessa Chan

“Cute” is the only word to describe the twenty patterns found within this book by animator, Vanessa Chan. As she points out, “There are endless possibilities to create whatever you want with just a few stitches.” You’ll learn how with these patterns ranging from easy to complex.

Book Review: Honk! Beep! Vroom! by Cathy Smith

This new book published by Martingale has not only projects for children but also for adults. Crocheters everywhere will enjoy making these interesting vehicles as gifts. Eight projects complete with moving parts are featured including a police car, taxi, ambulance, convertible care, dump truck, VW Beetle, bus, and firetruck.