Monday, November 19, 2012

Frank Lloyd Wright in Wisconsin

Monday, November 19, 2012 I had so much to say last week that I left out the part about our visit to the Frank Lloyd Wright designed Unitarian Meeting House in Madison, WI. I love Frank Lloyd Wright: his architecture, Prairie-style decor, his designs, his story. Living in Chicago, I have a sort of nostalgia about him and have designed some FLW-inspired jewelry pieces.
Brooch and Earring Set
Brooch with Vintage Bar
Inspired Brooch 2 Last week while in Madison,I thoroughly enjoyed walking through this design of his and have some interesting photos to share.
Back Side of Unitarian Meeting House
This is how the first picture looks on the inside.
A bell designed by FLW for the meeting house but taken down because it swung so wildly it almost caused structural damage!
An interesting wooden cabinet; origin unknown.

No comments: